• Ah! So that why. I forget about this common thing. Thank you for your time checking it out.

I will surely be checking more about my setup in the future before posting a problem.
  • BETA 3 is available!

This update finally adds live debugging, more info (and download) can be found on the Makinom 2 BETA page.

If you've reported an issue, it should be fixed now. Should also fix the Unity 2019.4 foldout issues.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2020
    Nice! Thank you for your hard work! Debug is working great :). Now I can know what is not working as expected.

But there is a small bug, I can't open schematic directly anymore when I open a schematic it opens an empty schematic.
    Is this because of the debug feature that schematic need to be open like this or is really a bug?

Post edited by Night on
  • Hm, could you give me more details how you try to open the schematic? Seems to be working fine here, regardless of opening the schematic asset (double click or via inspector button), via the machine or opening a schematic in the node editor ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2020
    I try to open the schematic with double click on the schematic asset, via the machine and the inspector button in Unity 2019.3.15 but it just opens empty schematic instead of schematic had node in it.
    Open the schematic in the node editor work fine.
    Post edited by Night on
  • Ah, I see what's going on. Will fix this in the next update.
    For now, you can fix it by enabling Open Last Schematic in Editor > Editor Settings > Node Editor Settings. You can also turn on Auto Debug Schematics to always collect debug information, not just when the editor is open.

Also, forgot to mention, Editor > Variables can now show all schematics that use a variable when using the Scall All Schematics button.
  • Thank you for the quick fix. It working fine now.

And that a nice small feature, if you don't mention it I never know because I never have a reason to visit Editor/Variables tab for, now I have 1 reason to check this tab to know where is that variable come from :)

A small suggestion if we can rename the variable and have it apply in all schematic that uses this variable will make this tab even more useful :)
    I can guarantee you that I will visit this tab very often if this feature got implemented. For a beginner in game development like me, I find myself renaming variable way too often and have to find every single variable in every node in every schematic is really a daunting task (_ _!)
  • Renaming variables is also on my list :)
  • edited June 2020
    Great!
    I have a question:
    Are Text content currently doesn't support object variables at the moment right?

I try to put "var.string=variable" in Text Content but it doesn't work, uses Scene object.
    Maybe I missing something.

Forgot to tell that Tooltip on Scene Object in Screen Space-Overlay doesn't work, other works fine though.
    Post edited by Night on
  • Hm, not sure - probably depends on where it's used, so ... where? :)
  • I use Text content with Variable Origin: User and when the mouse hovers UI Scene Object, not on Screen Space-Overlay the Hud Text Content show Name, Description of that Scene Object but not the Variable in the Scene Object.

And like above but when the Scene Object is in Canvas Screen Space-Overlay the Tooltip HUD is not working anymore. It only works when Canvas is not in Screen Space-Overlay. Is this by design?
  • edited July 2020
    If you want to use object variables for the text codes in a scene object's content (name, description), you need to enable the Object Variables Text Codes option in the scene object's settings (in the editor, not the component).

Or did you put the variable text codes in the HUD's text component?

Will check out the tooltip - I've never tested having scene objects as part of the UI, so that might not work currently.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited July 2020
    I'm sorry! I still can't make it work. I check the Object Variables Text codes option like you said, but when my mouse over Scene Object it shows the Text and other information of Scene Object but not the Variable Value. :( Can you tell me what did I do wrong or missing?
    Here is my setup for Scene Object
    And this is Hud Tooltip

And for the tooltip, am I use Scene Object for UI when my mouse over it is the right choice? Because I can't seem to find another way to make tooltip show up when my mouse over UI
    Post edited by Night on
  • If you put the variable text code into the description (or name) of the scene object, it'll work (that's what the Object Variables Text Codes setting is used for). Having it in HUD text is currently bugged, will be fixed in the next beta :)

Using scene objects in UI is currently also not really working, as these are only checking for game objects in the scene, not on canvas. I'll look into it, though tooltips for choices wheren't really a thing in Makinom 1 :)
  • Don't worry about tooltip on Scene Object for Canvas right now, I had to use LeanGUI to detect Mouse Over on UI and call Animation machine from there is work great.
    But still for others want to use tooltip on UI, in-build system is always better.