I see there's a section on the scene object component to add custom text codes. After setting these up how can i show them into my interaction text element?
  • The custom text codes can be used in the scene object (and also scene object type) name and description. You can also add them to the scene object's settings (also type settings).

The custom text codes can also be used in dialgoues, when the speaker has a scene object component attached.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok, but how to use them?
    I have put #CustomCodeName into an interaction hud text block but the line gets printed as is. It didn't return the actual string of the custom code in the scene object component.
  • edited June 2020
    You need to put it into the scene object's name or description to be displayed in an interaction HUD.

Edit: I'll change it so that custom text codes in interaction HUDs will use the scene object's text codes (if available).
    If an interaction doesn't have a scene object attached (or the scene object doesn't use that custom text code), you need to define it in Menus > Text Codes to have it replaced by something (e.g. an empty text to remove it).

Will be in the next update.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!