• thanks! yeah ill make sure the next demo is more optimized.

the gameplay has changed pretty significantly already, being more 3rd person.

i wonder why the main menu didnt work~
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • edited March 2020
    Probably I pressed wrong button :) It happens sometimes with me.

Also, do you have a plan what to do with camera collisions? In demo it was sometimes drawned into environment. My game is pretty simple and top down. In my case I just found on unity answers code to make renderers between player and camera transparent and everything looks normal now. May be you need something like this?
    Post edited by orcish_sailor on
  • The camera I'm using (Standard Assets : Multiuse camera) has an option for colliding with scenery, I just haven't messed with it yet.

Also man, I was looking for a good way to hide renders when I was doing top down and was never happy with it. Large meshes wouldn't work usually.
    Miuratale
  • Got a name change coming up in the next couple of months.
    Just finished building the world, going to spend the next week connecting all the areas and just making sure you can travel between everything without issue.

The final map was this little sequence that takes you from the Hub world to the final few areas.

Miuratale
  • edited May 2020
    With the world complete I'm moving onto the next demo, which will be crafting the main gameplay loop outside of the story, the territory wars.

All of the early areas of the game will have a faction that controls them, they gain money with each passing day, and offer missions once they have enough money to attack or defend a territory.
    The player is able to join one of the factions and help turn the tides of battle.

This dynamic will greatly change exploration, making some areas safe, or dangerous depending on which faction owns it, and which faction the player is in.

This will all be playable in my next pre-alpha demo, which will also reveal the new name.

Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • edited May 2020

Got all the weapons attached and vaguely fitting her animations. Gotta move on pretty soon to keep pace, but I want to return to the weapons and attacks before release, to add a quick draw/sheath animation between attacks.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • edited June 2020
    Got the new title screen in the game, gotta get around to making the new logo with the new name. Demo should be done by the end of the month but I'm a couple days behind. Spent the last month work entirely on enemies and abilities.

This should be a fairly robust demo with at least a few hours of gameplay testing out gang warfare. All items will be accessible so players can test them out and see what they like.

Core elements :
    1. 3rd person action combat with bullet-hell inspired enemy design
    2. Territories and factions : The map dynamically changes based on who owns what.
    3. Day system : Constantly draining max stamina forces the player to eventually rest, passing the day which the game uses to update the war.
    4. Tiered territories : For each day a territory remains in the same factions control the more powerful the enemies will be
    5. Contextual random encounters : Enemies will ambush you from random buildings nearby, separating combat from exploration using all the context above to determine who and what you fight
    6. Freelance merc : Check the mission board and play for the faction you want, prove yourself enough to 1 faction and be seen as an ally in their territory.

Enemies will be limited to humanoids for now, as the Mechs are going to be remade a bit to more powerful and more advanced in terms of AI and abilities.

If this all goes well and people like it, I'll finish up the mechs, make the bosses and start on the story :)

Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Been having this issue for awhile of the HUD hiding during battle events.

I don't have that turned on though, everything for that HUD is set to Ignore because I always want it up. Did I miss something?
    Miuratale
  • Hm, do you have any status requirements or variable conditions in the HUD's Display Conditions or do you use requirements on any of the HUD's elements?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Could I ask for a thread name change to "Shadowcaste"?
    :D

Miuratale
  • Request granted :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!

• A few things to clean up before the demo release in 2 days :)
    Miuratale
  • Looking good - but the overall lighting is just too dark to really see much, especially when viewing during the day. That might get a bit frustrating when playing :)
  • Ill have to get feedback on it, youtube doesn't quite capture the lighting properly.

Ill have to eventually get a gamma/brightness option in there though
    Miuratale
  • Hey so Im having issues with every single sound effect set to the players prefab being very quiet.

its not a big deal cause I can set it to a different user if I have to, but is there a reason you can think of for why the volumes always low for any sounds set to the player?

this isnt a problem on enemys
    Miuratale