edited June 2020 in ORK Support
Hi, is there a way to set up Mouse Sensitivity Slider to let player control Mouse Sensitivity?

I'm changing sensitivity in ORK Camera Settings, but I can't set it up to work perfect for all players. For some of them it's too slow, for some it's too fast. What Can I do?

Any 3rd party assets don't work.

Oh, and I'm afraid I can't use custom player/camera. Is there a way to do it fast and only with ORK?

Please for help,
Thanks
Post edited by MarcioHan on
  • Hm, I don't think there's currently an easy way to do this - which camera control type are you using?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Standard ORK Camera and Player. Really? There is no easy way to do it? It's really important for me
  • The standard (default) camera control is the Follow control, which doesn't even use any input, so which of the built-in camera control types are you using?

ORK isn't a player/camera control framework, the built-in controls are just there to get you started, so if you need anything more/better, you should check out custom controls.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sorry, I'm using First Person camera control from ORK Framework.

At this moment any camera/player custom controls are not possible ... Oh dear...

I was trying to use Custom Camera, but then Lock Cursor is not working, so I don't know what to do
  • Well, you can change the sensitivity of the camera control component using a Change Fields node:
    - class origin: Component
    - class name: FirstPersonCamera
    - target object: set up a Camera type actor and use it here
    - add a field
    - field name: sensitivity
    - field type: Vector 2
    - vector value: the sensitivity you want (X and Y axis)

You can use a Value Input Dialogue to show a slider, but connecting that value to the sensitivity isn't really easy ...
  • gamingislove said: Well, you can change the sensitivity of the camera control component using a Change Fields node:
    - class origin: Component
    - class name: FirstPersonCamera
    - target object: set up a Camera type actor and use it here
    - add a field
    - field name: sensitivity
    - field type: Vector 2
    - vector value: the sensitivity you want (X and Y axis)
    I don't know why, but it's not working. Can you check what I'm doing wrong?

https://imgur.com/a/r7M2a4R
  • Hm, have you tried different sensitivity values?
  • Yes, still nothing.
  • Do you get any warning/error message in the Unity console? Also, make sure your camera is tagged as main camera.

The default sensitivity is 15, might be that you just use too low values to notice it?
  • No, there is no warning/error messages in Unity console. My camera is tagged as "MainCamera".

My Sensitivity settings - X = 1; Y = 1

I have a trigger with event "ChangeMS". In this event I have "Change Fields" node . I set up everything just like you. It's "Trigger Enter".

This is how FirstPersonCamera looks like after interacting with event - https://imgur.com/a/wvWlwGr

It looks like nothing happends.
  • Well, the sensitivity is just a value that's used to multiply the mouse movement. So 1 would just be the mouse movement, 2 would be double speed, 0.5 half speed.

Working fine here - and as your image shows, the value has been changed. Maybe test different values by changing it in the camera's inspector while playing (pretty much the same as changing it via a game event).
  • gamingislove said: Working fine here - and as your image shows, the value has been changed.
    No, it's not changed. X = 1 and Y = 1 is my default Sensitivity that I set in Game Controls.

I set in "Change Fields" to change Sensitivity to, for example, X = 2 and Y = 2. Nothing happends. The values are still default - X = 1 and Y = 1.

It looks like this Event is not changing anything.
  • Hm, yeah, seems like there's an issue with Vector2 values - I'm getting a warning, though.
    Will fix it in the next udpate.