edited July 2020 in ORK Support
Hi,

I want to be able to use abilities from my own ui, but every time a small menu of selection of abilities is popping for me when i click on a player to choose ability, is there a way to disable that popup menu?
Post edited by tushtush on
  • Since you're using your own UI, how are you initiating the use of the ability (in code)?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2020
    hi @gamingislove i'm using it like that:

if (combatant.Get(0).CanUse(combatant, true, true))
    {
    var target = new List<Combatant>(){enemy};
    combatant.Abilities.Get(0).Use(combatant, target, true);
    }

my issue is when i click on the enemy i want to attack the popup menu of abilities pops.
    Post edited by tushtush on
  • The Use function of the ability (AbilityShortcut class) already uses the action on the provided targets.

So, if you afterward click on the enemy, that's related to something different. E.g. if you've set up a control map that uses a mouse click input or something like that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The menu pops the first time i click on the enemy even before i am using any ability
  • Well, ORK doesn't just pop up a menu when you click on an enemy, so you probably set that up somewhere.

E.g. if the battle system you're using doesn't use Auto Call Menu, check if the Battle Menu Key uses an input key using the mouse click.
    Otherwise, it could be something from a control map or a menu screen, but all of that would require using an input key using the mouse click :)