edited July 2020 in ORK Support
Hello

I've followed this tutorial, and my AI eggdudes does spawn, but after that they seem to just spin around in circles instead of hunting me. Anyone know what would cause this to happen?
Post edited by Thunderstump on
  • Try using different Stop Range and Stop Time settings - but this is mainly due to the Default move component being very basic and not working that good :)

You can e.g. switch to using Nav Mesh Agent instead, but you'll have to set up NavMesh in the scene as well.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The Tutorial put both "Stop Distance" and "Stop Time" to 0.5. This is how it looks:

I tried to increase the distance and time to 2.0, however that just causes the circles to go larger. And they don't seem to attack even when they bump in to me, as can be seen on the video.

Something seems off. They do attack seemingly at random if I walk around them enough, but not because of the collision or distance.

I'm not sure what a Nav Mesh is, I just wanted something really simple to get on with the tutorials.

What do you suggest?
  • NavMesh is Unity's built-in navigation system and handles pathfinding and moving game objects to their destinations.

Try a stop distance of 1 and a stop time of 0.1, that might work better :)

As for battles not starting - check your Auto Start Battles settings in Battle System > Battle Settings. Also, check if your spawned enemy combatants are set to be part of the enemy faction (in the combatant spawners).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I like having random pathfinding though rather than having to script exactly where they go. Is it possible to make this with NavMeshes?

1 and 0.1 works a little bit better. Some still circle around a bit, but mostly they seem to roam around in a more 'natural' way.

You were right about the enemy faction, one of the groups were set to players.
  • I'm not sure how random NavMesh paths are, but ORK's default mover is just moving them straight to their target position, regardless of what's in the way :)
  • What makes them spin in circles when I'm outside the range?
  • Generally, spinning in circles is them trying to reach a position but overshooting it due to their movement speed, so they try to reach it again in the next frame, overshooting again, etc.
  • What is the best way to prevent that from happening?
    Do I need to lower the movement speed somewhere?

I'd like them to roam randomly over a larger area, but at the moment they just spin on the spot.
  • As said initially, switching to using Nav Mesh Agent and setting up Unity's NavMesh in your scene is the way to go. The Default move component setup is just a very basic thing to get you started quickly.

Also, if you want to have enemies move while being farther away from the player, make sure to either increase the Move AI Range or disable the range limit completely. You can find the settings for this in Battle System > Battle Settings.