Apparently Unity has deprecated the old launcher setup with the 2019 version, it seems that now it has become necessary to code these settings into every game system.
Since the built in Ork option menu doesn't have any functions to change graphics yet, i'd like to ask for some help on how to implement this functionality in a custom way (still relying on Ork menu system).
The way i was thinking to do this is to define some Variables, like GraphicsQuality, setting them in the menu as custom parameters with sliders, and then execute a function to apply them.
Problem is i don't see any way of triggering any Ork events in the MainMenu area of Ork.
Other custom MenuScreens do get the possibility of triggering events on open/close, but if i create my options menu separated from the main menu tab, i don't know how to link that screen to the main menu one.
  • Yeah, the current situation with how Unity handles this isn't ideal ... but ORK isn't a game option framework, so that'll be a bit complex/hard to add like this.

Solutions could be using a Custom Choice in your main menu to trigger some custom functionality (e.g. a 3rd party game option dialogue) or using a custom main menu (either via scripting or via a game event).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2020
    @gamingislove In the option menu there's an Accept option type that can be added to the page. Could it be possible to add the possibility to trigger an Ork event when that button is selected?

Update:
    I have completed my script to update the setting based on playerprefs set up in a custom options menu. Since there's no way to trigger an event with the Accept button, i had to set it on menu close event. It works but it still means that i'll have to recreate the main menu with custom menu screens, just for being able to launch the event to execute the function.

Please let me know if event functionality could be added in the future for the main menu option screen. Thanks
    Post edited by Vlastan on
  • Maybe, but I can't promise anything :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!