I've had nothing but problems since updating to Unity 2020. One of them is this little bug that freezes and does away with most of my inventory screen whenever I equip anything. It's not from the equip events.

ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: textureToCopy
UnityEngine.RenderTexture..ctor (UnityEngine.RenderTexture textureToCopy) (at <4cc8ec075538416496e5db5d391208ac>:0)
ORKFramework.UI.PrefabViewCameraSettings.CreateTexture () (at :0)
ORKFramework.UI.PrefabViewInstance.Init () (at :0)
ORKFramework.TypePrefabViewPortrait.Init () (at :0)
ORKFramework.GUIBoxContent.InitializePortrait (ORKFramework.IPortrait portrait) (at :0)
ORKFramework.DialogueContent.UpdatePortrait () (at :0)
ORKFramework.DialogueContent.Init (ORKFramework.GUIBox box) (at :0)
ORKFramework.GUIBox.Tick (System.Single t) (at :0)
ORKFramework.GUIHandler.Tick (System.Single t) (at :0)
ORKFramework.GUIHandler.Tick () (at :0)
ORKFramework.ORKCore.FireTick () (at <269d7a4de1ab48068e7acd23f753e118>:0)
ORKFramework.ORKHandler.Update () (at <269d7a4de1ab48068e7acd23f753e118>:0)

• This sounds like you somewhere have a prefab view camera setup (either the default for all or in a prefab view portrait overriding the default camera stuff) without a selected render texture.

I guess Unity now throws an error when not getting a textured passed on.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Would that be an ORK setting, or perhaps something legacy attached to one of my prefabs? What ORK settings would you recommend I check (or uncheck)?
  • That's an ORK setting - since your error message comes from prefab view portraits, it's related to their setup (which uses a render texture to display the prefabs).

The default prefab view camera setup (for the render texture) is found in Menus > Menu Settings > Prefab View Settings (at the bottom of all the settings). Each portrait (that uses prefab view) can override the default settings, though. So, if you're using that, you'll have to search it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Got it, thanks