How is defend supposed to work in real time battles? I notice that after assigning the action to a control map and using it, it will still have the defense action activated until my characters next action.

I.E an attack does 20
when defending, the attack will do 10
If I don't select any other action after defend event, attacks will continuously to that combatant will do 10
unless combatant attacks then its back to normal

Basically I want the defend to only be the second that the event takes and to end when the event ends. Right now the effect still goes until I choose my next action. Any idea what to do?
  • Yeah, the defend command isn't really suited for real time battles like that - but you can use an ability instead, e.g. applying a defending status effect that gives your defend defence bonuses for the time you want.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Next question! Is there a way to change a combatants movement speed in battles only?
  • Sure - either use a formula for your movement speed that does that (e.g. using a Check Status node to check if the combatant is in battle) or e.g. use a status effect that gives a move speed bonus and apply that during battles (e.g. in the battle start event and remove it in the battle end event).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!