i tried following the gameplay tutorials but it started to confuse me since its following tutorial for a turn base system game, would like to see a video series on a youtube channel showing the both basic and complex steps to make a small hack and slash game using mechanim animations,for realtime combat , it would be a great help for those who doesnt like text base tutorials and more like a visual learner
  • Turn based and real time hack'n'slash will use the same features/workflow of ORK, that's why the game tutorials are structured that way - everything builds upon the previous tutorials and you'll use everything you've learned (maybe except the turn based specific setup) for the different play styles you can do with ORK.

The real time battles with some hack'n'slash gameplay specific part comes in the later tutorials, starting around #31, but you still need the things from previous tutorials, e.g. combatant spawners, move AI, battle events to animate your actions, etc.

There are no video tutorials planned.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • would of like seeing new kind of tutorials with you using mechanim and such but i guess it is what it is, i'm just saying that a product should come with visual tutorials for those who dont like reading too many document , i am seeing different assets despite having documents there are also in depth tutorials from developers themselves, so as a customer i think it would help out people without understand of your product
  • edited August 2020
    I had the same problem when I starting to learn ORK. But there was no any issue with the ORK document tutorials. Only issue was my laziness to read all the documents. Because I used to watch video tutorials. ORK is like a whole new game engine (But easy to use) So there are tons of things to cover and learn.

Somehow I managed to get use to reading because I really needed to learn ORK and it's thousand times easier to make a RPG using ORK rather than just making everything from scratch. Surprisingly reading and understanding everything from these tutorials are very easy. So now I personally prefer documented tutorials. Also if you have any issues, you can always post them here. @gamingislove comes with a perfect answer always. So If you really need to learn ORK I recommend you to give it a shot. You will get used to it.

Also here is a mechanim tutorial by @Keldryn http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/5215/tutorial-ork-animations-using-mecanim-my-all-new-comprehensive-guide/p1 This tutorial cover all about using mechanim animations in ORK.
    Post edited by Malith on
  • Video tutorials are much more work to keep up to date. It's a lot easier to maintain text-based tutorials as you just need to exit the relevant passages and/or update a screenshot or two.

Trying to maintain video tutorials for an asset as complex as ORK sounds like a nightmare to me.
  • Keldryn said: Trying to maintain video tutorials for an asset as complex as ORK sounds like a nightmare to me.
    Yeah, that's mainly why I'm not even bothering with video tutorials ... the game tutorials series alone would probably be 10+ hours of tutorial videos :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!