I'm curious as to why we can select our variables' source in many cases, such as when adding a line to the console, but the dialogue box doesn't give this option, at least not for the initial message. The choices give the option individually, which is nice, but the proceeding message framing those choices can't pull local or object variables.
  • I guess they where just never implemented ... also, the choices can't use different variable origins for the text, that's just for the (optional) variable condition).

I'll look into adding some options.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Cool, thanks, and the condition variables for choices seems adequate since you can adjust the dialogue accordingly. Any chance ORK v3 will have a separate dialogue system?
  • What would a separate dialogue system look like or be different from the current one?

Currently, it's planned to work just like it does now (with some upgrades). You can already test it out in the Makinom 2 BETA.
    Setting up dialogues works the same (via the nodes), but supports language export/import and the whole UI system has been revamped.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It might be nice to have some kind of manager component, so that we don't have to add every conversation to our prefabs as a separate event.
  • Well, you can use one event for all your dialogues and do the condition checks in the event instead of having separate event interactions and events :)