Is there a way to set up a Move AI to make a combatant select walk/run/sprint speed depending on target distance?
I am trying to get the spawned party members on the field to follow the player in a smoother way instead of only costantly running or walking (and be left behind if the player sprints).
  • Hm, no, not out of the box.

How are you moving the combatant, i.e. what move component setup are you using for the move AI?
    Generally, the move AI will just determine the target position and speed that should be used - e.g. by using a custom move component in between the move AI and your actual move component (e.g. navmesh), you could regulate the speed based on the distance to the target.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I've created a simple MoveAi with checked Follow Leader in its group settings and assigned it to the party members combatants. Is there anything more that could be done?
  • No, as said, if you want different movement speeds based on distance, that's something you need to handle in your move component.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!