Hi,

I'm trying to create a Battle AI that 1- checks if a specific weapon type is equipped (not a weapon, a category of weapons, like swords, not a specific sword) and then, if it's not currently equipped 2- checks in the inventory if there is at least one weapon of this specific type and then, if yes, 3- adds a temp ability to equip the weapon (with a Change Equipment node).

Step 1 is easy, I use a Check Status node with Weapon Item Type. However, step 2 is tricky because with a Check Status node set to Inventory, I can only check for a specific weapon. So, I'd need to check for every sword in the game... At least, that's according to my current knowledge... maybe I'm wrong.

Is there a better way to check if there is a specific weapon type in inventory and then equip a random one (or the first-found one) from the inventory?
  • edited September 2020
    Step 2 can be handled via selected data:
    - use a Select Item node to get all weapons in the inventory of a defined item type (All Items enabled and using the Limit Item Type settings)
    - use a Selected Data Count node to check if the selected key you stored the weapons into has more than 0 things in it (i.e. Is Greater 0).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks Gil! Very clever...
  • Selected data is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ... unnatural ;)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!