edited September 2020 in ORK Support
Hiya,

If an allied combatant dies I want to revive him straight away and change him to be an enemy. (with full health)
In the combatant > Death setting, I have "keep prefab" checked and "change variable" to: isCorupted to true.
Then my battle event I have a "check game variable" (isCorrupted). if it's true I use the Revive node.
This, unfortunately, is not working. I have checked if the bool change works with a simple console log and everything seems to get trough. After the revive node I have a "change status value" node that gives him back full health. This works does work. After this I have a "change aggression state", to make him an enemy, this does not work. But if i run the game and check the combatant status he remains dead and not revived/alive.

I hope I explained it good enough, English is not my native language. (Greeting from the Netherlands!)

Thanks!
Post edited by Anoo on
  • There's a simple reason for this: The variable changes you define in the combatant's death settings are applied after the combatant's death, i.e. after the death battle events finished.

You can check in your battle event if the combatant is a member of the player group, e.g. using the Check User node.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I just tried the "check user" node and it comes trough success. If i connect the revive to the success part of the check user node still nothing happens and the player stays dead.

Event settings > Check Game variable > Check User (Succes)> Revive (not work) > Heal (works) > show dialogue (works)
  • edited September 2020
    Ah, yeah, forgot to mention you also need to use a Cancel Death node in order to, well, cancel the combatant's death :)
    Also, revive alone doesn't fill HP/health, so you'll also need to do that (Change Status Value node).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2020
    Coool, thats what i was looking for! The cancel death node.

Thanks!
    Post edited by Anoo on