edited September 2020 in ORK Support
Hello there,

I seem to be unable to get started with ORK, as I am getting UI issues whenever I try to use any Ork components or windows.

As you can see, I have the ORK Game Starter component on the right expanded, but there are no options displayed. This also causes errors to be displayed in the console. Printing out an error every few seconds.

I also tried opening the ORK Framework window, and it also prints errors and fails to properly display.

I have attempted this with Unity 2019.4.8f1 and Unity 2020.1.6f1.

Is it possible that the free unity packages have not been updated?
Please let me know, as I would like to evaluate the asset before purchasing.
Post edited by MOTYSHIZ on
  • Make sure to import the Unity 2018 package (which is also for 2019 and 2020).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I did import the Unity 2018 package.
    It also seems like I was able to resolve the issue.
    At first I thought I solved it in my 2019 version by switching my API Compatibility Level to .NET Standard 2.0
    However, in my 2020 project, it looks like I was also able to fix it by selecting each .dll and right click > reimporting.

I'm not sure why it doesn't work initially, or if these were the steps that actually fixed it, since I tried a number of things.
    It is working for now though!
  • Thanks for letting me know - I'll look into it.
    Generally ORK works fine with all API compatibility levels, though a reimport might be in order in some cases after changing it :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • No problem, hope it isn't too much of a pain to fix.
    Otherwise, if a reimport from project panel is all that is needed, might be a good idea to put it in a "known issues" section.

Thanks for making your asset available like this! <3