edited September 2020 in ORK Support
Hi All,
at first thanx for all amazing tutorials, they awesome.
Try setUp mecanim walk/run/sprint/jump and have some issues/questins. Can anyone help? Thanx all.
Post edited by yarra on
  • First of all, there's a gameplay tutorial with an example for Mecanim animations, but Mecanim can be set up in various ways, so there's no one-solution-fits-all type of .. solution :)
    There's also an excellent and in-depth tutorial by @Keldryn available here.

If you're using the Set Horizontal Speed option in ORK's mecanim animation setup, this will continuously set the used parameter to the combatant's actual movement speed, i.e. you can react to that in your animator controller and disable ORK's auto animations (in the combatant's settings).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • thx, how i say, im new in OKk and also mecanim (learnd legacy before)...when i try new things, i mostly follow official sources tutorial, but no harm, im in the beginning, i try keldryns approach.
  • edited September 2020
    Hi, again
    so i have reed all that you recomended me, i set brand new Project (settings is bellow, much shorter this Time) i followed all and at the End i still face the same Problem
    I have narrow it to one setting

With this Setting my Player
    1. start movement Run, not Walk
    2. Run to Sprint and back work perfectly, so all good, if you dont need Walk movement
    Combatants/Combatants/AnimAMove/AutoMoveAnim Minimum Run Speed 3, tresh 0,5
    Combatants/Combatants/AnimAMove/AutoMoveAnim Minimum Sprint Speed 9, tresh 0,5

With this Setting my Player
    1. start movement Walk and is just walking, no transition to Run
    2. Walk to Sprint work correctly, from Sprint player go back to Run, not Walk
    3. when i start Sprint from Idle, and Sprint cca 1-1,5s and end Sprint, Sprint to Run is not working, Player just Sprint with Sprint Speed
    Combatants/Combatants/AnimAMove/AutoMoveAnim Minimum Run Speed 6, tresh 0,5

looks to me like when i use first Settings ,what i really miss here is Setting for Minimum Walk Speed and with Minimum Run Speed 3, we really just force Run to Speed 3 and ignore Walk

With second Setting i start correctly, but i miss here tansition Walk to Run and in some Cases Sprint back to Run

All can solve some Minimum Walk Speed Setting with predefined Transition to Run and treshold, like the others, is it defined somewhere else?

So my Question really is where i miss Settings for minimum Walk Speed?

BaseControl/GameControls/PlayerControls Use Combatant Speed is check
    BaseControl/GameControls/PlayerControls Use Sprint is check
    BaseControl/Animations/MecanimSettings all uncheck
    Combatants/Combatants/AnimAMove/AutoMoveAnim Use Auto Animations is check
    Combatants/Combatants/AnimAMove/AutoMoveAnim Minimum Run Speed 3, tresh 0,5
    Combatants/Combatants/AnimAMove/MovemeSett Minimum Speed 1
    Combatants/Combatants/AnimAMove/MovemeSett Maximum Speed 10
    Combatants/Combatants/AnimAMove/MovemeSett Walk Speed 3
    Combatants/Combatants/AnimAMove/MovemeSett Run Speed 6
    Combatants/Combatants/AnimAMove/MovemeSett Sprint Speed 9
    Use Position Change in this case solve nothing

Animator SSMachine Locomotion with for States (Idle, Walk, Run, Sprint) inside, no transition exept basic to Idle
    Post edited by yarra on
  • Also dont you thing about add one more sprint setting with factor 0,5 and another predefined key for crouching? Things would be so much easier...
  • There is no minimum walk speed setting - simply because it's not needed. The walk animation is played when the combatant moves at a speed between 0 and the minimum run speed. Between run and sprint speed it will play the run animation - everything above sprint speed will play the sprint animation.

Also, take the threshold settings into account, e.g. the run speed will play when the speed exceeds minimum run speed + threshold, but will return to walk animation when the speed falls below minimum run speed - threshold.
    The threshold is used for better animation transitions, e.g. if you'd move around the minimum walk speed, it'd constantly switch between walk and run animations.

Ultimately, this all depends on the movement speed of the combatant.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • yes, i understand this, thx

but how i describe, when player start movement with walk, transition Walk/Run is not working, so what i have set wrong?
  • edited September 2020
    It could be the animator controller setup, e.g. there being no transition between walk and run or some other transition/animation taking priority.

Using Mecanim can be tricky.
    It might be easier to not use the auto animation setup in the combatant and use ORK's mecanim animation setup to forward the movement speed as a parameter in the animator controller. That way you can play different animations based on the speed. Check out the Auto Move Speed Parameter settings in Base/Control > Animations for this.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited September 2020
    thx for Answer, but
    yarra said: Animator SSMachine Locomotion with for States (Idle, Walk, Run, Sprint) inside, no transition exept basic to Idle
    , i had also no parameters, so it can not be Animator....it really should work, but it is not

So i turn off Auto Animations, set horizontal Speed parameter, make my own transitions and Idle/Walk/Run/Sprint work perfectly. I had also make Jump and Crouch and find another confusing thing. When i use Use Jump Settings and add Key, with Auto Animations on, Player Jump all right, but with Auto Animation off is nothing happen, i must add Map with Event to my Key to make it work. Is little confusing, because Use Sprint Settings work good in both Cases without Key Map.

however, now i had successfuly set Idle/Walk/Run/Sprint/Jump and Crouch.

My Problem now is how set to Crouch Speed Factor. By Sprint is preset to 2, i need set this by Crouching to 0,5. How, or where can i get access to this?

need something like this
    if isCrouching(bool) is true, then speedH(horizontal speed) is speedH/2
    Post edited by yarra on
  • There is no crouching in ORK's built-in controls. Since ORK is an RPG framework, the available player/camera controls are just there to get you started - if you need something with more features you can use custom controls.