• @gamingislove
    Okay, I see the formatting option for float variables in the text area which supports what I mentioned earlier. What I would like specifically is the same formatting support for displaying status values in menus, flying text, and currency. Essentially, if the numbers are visual to the player, I want the option to convert them to a conventional format. (ex. 2000 > 2,000)
  • @Dre788
    I see, I'll check it out - maybe general formatting settings for all kinds of values (stats, quantities, etc.).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I think this is more of a broad request for ORK 3.

Combatants are largely designed to be for combat. And if you want to use them as NPC's you just sort add stuff on top of it.

It would be nice to have them architecturally to be designed as NPCs.
    Mostly I think this would be about Save System and Design Time NPC placement and ID'ing. And making these options feel more "Native" to the framework.

First would be ability to Create NPC as persistent Entity at design time. So, you place a Prefab in the scene, and have sort of modified Add Combatant component. That is more like "Character" component.

You can link Combatant Entry from the Combatants database. But have options to override some of the stuff for this specific instance of Combatant.
    First the Name obviously. But would be nice to override Status, inventory and starting equipment from this component. Possibly even Animation set, Equipped AI.

Then you give this combatant Unique ID. Turning it into a sort of persistent character that will have same features as player in terms of saving.

Next would be nice to have Interaction scheme associated with it. Like for example interaciton types (Talk, Attack, Examine) that you could have as universal template for NPC and assign game events to it.

More stuff probably can be added. But broad idea is to simplify creating more persistent NPC type of characters than spawning temporary ones. Like in Skyrim or Story Focused CRPG games.
  • Hello, I would like to make a request to Battle Menus. Could you add "Requirements" for hiding/displaying or disabling/enabling Types? This would allow for unique battle encounters and custom type options mid battle.
  • @Dre788
    There's a small surprise for you in ORK 2.30.0 :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove
    What an amazing release. Thank you for all your support.
  • I would like to make another request for the Battle Menu. With the addition of the sub menus we can now have different types of menu during battles. But I would like the option to keep the base choice menu on screen when you call a sub menu. This would be similar behavior to the Multi option in Menu Screen Display.
  • Hi,

i am quite new to ORK so propably somebody already requested it, but i will give it a try.
    Is there a possibility to implement a visual feedback in the menues if there was something changed from the starting point?
    Because its quite hard to find some changes you have made in all those menues and lists. And usually you just change a small amount of options. And when you come back to it later you are not sure in which menues you have made some adjustments and changes.
    I am thinking about just a little optical feedback from the menue boxes if the user changed anything there.
    Thanks in advance.
    And btw great work!
  • @Monkey_A_C
    If you're talking about in-game menus marking e.g. items that are new in the inventory, you can use the Mark New Content settings (Inventory > Inventory Settings) for that.
    For the visual marking, you need to set that up in the menu screen part you want it to show, e.g. in an Inventory part, enable Mark New Items and set up the content layout for new items as you want.

If you're talking about in the ORK editor - nah, that'll not be possible :)
  • I was talking about the ORK editor but the first information is also nice to know ;)
  • I would like to make another request to Menus Screens. This is specific to Button List. Button list allow you to use requirements for displaying or disabling them. But this is only through a separate requirement option. I would like to request a local requirement option for Button List.

The reason for this is so I can set up a number of custom menu list of in game data and control the visibility of each menu item without creating a huge list of separate requirement items.
  • I support hellwalker's idea (as he posted on September 29)!
  • It would be useful to be able to control our inputs or "press" buttons through events. It would also be extremely useful for top-down setups to have some type of drag box feature for selecting multiple & specific combatants, and to setup loose formations outside of grid combat.
  • edited January 2021
    In "Check Equipment" I'd really appreciate a "Check all equipment parts" because I use a lot of parts and subparts so having to check each one individually creates a lot of nodes.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • @Wrofir
    That's a job for the Check Status node, unless you want to check something in selected data - I'll look into it :)