So I've set up a very basic battle with just sprites as the combatants. I call this battle via an event and a battle component on another object. I have the battle menu set up along with all the proper battle settings. The battle type is turn based and I don't have any animations or movements set up. But even with this, the battle should start and I should see the menus show up. But the only thing that happens is the combatants spawn. I know the battle start event happens because I spawn a prefab through it successfully. But after that, nothing happens. When I look at the battle information, both the player and enemy display In Battle: False. The curious thing is the enemy also display Can Choose: True. Although, I'm not sure what this means. I've tried a million things to figure out why I'm stuck out of battle. I've compared what I have to the demo and I can't see what I'm doing wrong. I'm at my wits end on this one, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link showing the battle information.
https://pasteboard.co/JuUUaL1.png
  • Well, I "figured it out", if you want to call it that.
    I was using the default status development but everything was zero'd out. But I put a weapon and armor on the character with all the stats filled out. So I assumed I had no problem there. Wrong! Because the Hp in status development was zero, the battle wasn't starting completely. Once I changed Hp from 0 to 1 my battle menu showed up and the battle started properly. Truly a "bruh" moment.
  • Yeah, dead men tell no tales of their battles, because they can't fight :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!