Hi,

Turn based battles active time, wondering how I can set up a "pass turn" that will allow the player to choose the order of attacking characters.

For example, I have 3 characters, I want to attack with the first one, then the third one, then the second one, out of the initial "turn order". Should i set this up via ability or is there a menu option
  • Abilities can change the turn order via their Turn Based Order Changes settings, but the user itself isn't part of the turn order at that point any longer, since that combatant already selected an action.

If you want to have control over the order in which your combatants select their actions I'd recommend checking out the Phase battle system instead.

Also, since the turn order is ultimately determind by the Turn Calculation formula, you can use that to control the order as well, but that'll only impact on the next turn order calculation (i.e. next turn).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So is granting extra turns and such just more possible in the Phase battle system?
  • Hm, probably better using the Multi Turns turn based mode for something like that.

While phase battles let you freely choose which combatant to use at which time, a combatant can't perform another turn in the same phase. Turn based battles in Multi Turns mode are more flexible with that, as you can control which combatant comes next via the combatant's turn value (e.g. using Change Turn Value nodes).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!