I'm following the tutorial and I'm up to the point where I should begin animating my character, but my prefab character isn't added on the map after the spawn.

• The game tutorials are meant to use the provided assets (since the setup depends on them).
    You seem to be using 2D sprites, while the game tutorial is a 3D project - so there'll be differences if you want to do it that way.

Is the game object spawned in the scene? E.g. check in the scene hierarchy if you see the spawned prefab in the list (probably named Yasmine (Clone)).

If you're following the game tutorials, I'd highly recommend using the provided tutorial assets and doing them in order, as they build upon the previous tutorials.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2020
    No, she doesn't show up in the list when it starts. I'm making a 2D game and I read that 2D is possible to do with this system.

Any idea what's wrong? I also tried to simply put the prefab in the scene and when the scene began, the prefab went constantly down.
    Post edited by TuomoL on
  • The prefab constantly going down is due to using gravity (in your rigidbody) but not having a collider on the game object, so it doesn't stop when e.g. reaching the ground (terrain, another game object with a collider, etc.).

Did you set up a start event in ORK that adds a combatant to the player group and spawns the player on a Spawn Point (component) in your scene as explained in the game tutorials?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes, I did. Is my Event correct? I also tried to use it as a Star Game event but that didn't work then either.

• Seems correct - do you have a game object with a Spawn Point component in the scene with spawn ID set to 0?
  • Okay, now she shows up for a moment but then sinks through the ground.
  • Are you doing a 2D or 3D (or mixed) game?

If you're using 2D with 2D colliders, you need to use a Rigidbody 2D component instead of a Rigidbody. If you're using 3D colliders use the Rigidbody.
    Also, your initial screenshots don't show any collider on your prefab, so it'll fall through the ground in any case, since there's nothing stopping it.
  • Ok, but now that I did it Ridigbody 2D, Yasmne stands still when I use keyboard to move and only the camera moves around.

I'm doing pure 2D, what sort of collider do I need to use for the terrain so that this works?
  • For 2D you can use any of the 2D colliders, e.g. Box 2D - but you'll need some custom player controls (and depending on the style maybe also a camera control). ORK's built-in controls are only there to get you started and come from a time when there was no (real) 2D in Unity. If you need anything more you need to use custom controls, see this how-to on using custom controls.