I hope I'm not reinventing the wheel here, just playing around adding extra information I always miss when debugging combatants

I'll post the code after house keeping it
  • Some information is already available via the Combatant Component on a combatant's game object, e.g. status values, effects, attributes, equipment, etc.
    The move AI also has some debug info when having the combatant's game object selected, e.g. marking the target position with a wire cube.

But yeah, that seems like a nice idea ... I'll wait for your code and ... maybe get inspired for future features :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks GIL, yeah, one of the things I miss from the Combatant Component Inspector, is the list of learned Abilities for example
  • Here's the link to get the scripts

ORKDebugInspector.unitypackage
  • Thanks, will check it out :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi GiL, is there any reason why the Sight range is limited by the global detection range? it took some minutes for me to realize the handles were okay, but the sight range can not be larger then the enemy detection range.
  • The base detection range of the move AI defines the upper limit for all detections, it's mainly for performance reasons. The base range will first get all combatants within range and perform the different detection checks on them, instead of having to do the detection on all combatants in the scene.

For small scenes or low amount of combatants that probably wouldn't matter much, but if you're doing scenes with lots of combatants that can be quite heavy.