Is there a setting for the combatant spawner to respawn the combatants after the party escapes? The respawn setting works if the party defeats the enemies, but doesn't respawn if they escape.

Thank you,
Jason
  • Even if you flee the battle, it'll be marked as finished by the system so that you don't encounter it again (when using scene IDs in your battles or combatant spawners). You can use a Set Battle Scene ID in your battle end event to remove the battle's finished state.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I have been unable to get the combatant respawner to respawn after escape under any settings.

Original setup was combatant spawner using nearest battle with neither the spawner or the battle component using scene ID. The battle component is attached to the player. I've tried with the same scene ID on both with Set Battle Scene ID to set or remove in the escape battle end event, but the combatant spawner does not respawn the combatants after any escape. It only respawns if you kill all the combatants.

Any suggestions?
    Thank you.

• edited October 2020
    I'll test it - do they respawn when you leave the scene and come back?

Edit: Yeah, I can confirm that.
    It's due to the combatant's not really dying and (I assume) you just destroy them in the battle end event used on escape (or returning to the original scene).

I'll look into what's the best solution - I don't want to trigger respawn by just destroying their game objects, so it'll probably be a new node for this.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you so much.

Yes, I destroy them in the battle end event. The only differences between the victory and escape battle event are that the rewards are not given when you escape.

• edited October 2020
    Well, that, and that the enemies don't die - which is the thing that'd trigger respawn :)
    Next update will add a new node to respawn combatants.
    Post edited by gamingislove on