I wanted to ask this on the Pixel Crushers forum, but I can't get an email back from them to confirm my account. Anyway, I've got PC's dialogue + Love Hate hanging around as unused assets in my project, causing errors (yet again) after the latest ORK update, & I'd really like to just clear them out for good. The problem (& why I haven't bothered to do this already) is that deleting the Pixel Crushers folder, along with the ORK project bridge, clears the error preventing me from testing, but destroys the UI in my main menu scene, & probably causes a host of other problems as well. Any idea how I can safely remove these assets? I can't see any option to do so on the Package Manager side of the equation.
  • Is that a custom UI, e.g. using your own canvas, or does it destroy the UI created by ORK?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • All I can say is that my main menu screen turns into nothing but a blank box with no options. It uses the ORK new GUI
  • Hm, the only way I can see that being influenced is either a canvas or event system already being in the scene (e.g. with pixel crusher stuff) or you've got some pixel crusher related components on your ORK UI prefabs.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Pixel Crushers has a really good support. You can try discord:https://discord.gg/MWjq6hP
    I'll write Tony about email issue. He can probably also update ORK support, but usually you can fix that easily if you are in a hurry. Usually just ORK will change the way a function is called so parameters need update.

As for bugs. You likely need to delete Assets/PixelCrushers and Assets/Plugins/PixelCrushers. there might be more if you have any Extras installed. like Assets/Dialogue System Examples

Now for UI, if You are using ORK UI, so ORK Generates it at runtime than probably an exception error is preventing ork from finishing the drawing of UI. So, you must fix all red errors first.

Besides that you might have in scene UI that is part of PixelCrushers plugins. You need to delete that. Like DialogueManager etc.

But if you used Canvas of Pixel assets to add your own UI into it. Then yeah, you'll need to manually sort that out.
  • Hi @ThreeNippledWanda - I'm sorry you didn't get the forum registration email. If you're still looking for it, please check your spam folder, or email tony (at) pixelcrushers.com, or hop on discord as @hellwalker pointed out. I reply to all emails and messages within 24 hours, every day of the year.

If you're no longer using the Dialogue System and Love/Hate, back up your project (just to be safe) and then delete these folders:

Assets / Editor Default Resources / Dialogue System
    Assets / Pixel Crushers
    Assets / Plugins/ Pixel Crushers
    Assets / Gizmos / LoveHate

and this file:

Assets / Gizmos / DialogueDatabase Icon
  • I appreciate the help. I had to go through remove the PC scripts from my game objects and it seems to have fixed the issue. I'd also like to make it clear that there's nothing wrong with the PC dialogue system per se, it's just that ORK makes it kind of redundant and it was bloating, and occasionally breaking, my project. I do wish that ORK had a better system for multiple complex dialogue branches than its standard event system, but it works well enough despite being a pain to follow sometimes. Now I need to reconfigure all of my Explosive Character Animations, which have also broken following the latest Unity update.