Is there a tutorial on using custom interactions and if not can I get a run down? I see using scene objects is suggested, but I gave it a go and it's still not working so I figure I could ask for a step by step.
  • What exactly would you specify as a custom interaction?

If you're talking about the Custom interaction type - they're mainly there to be able to display different Interaction type HUDs for different interactions, e.g. showing Open for doors and Talk for talking to NPCs, etc.
    You can also use it to show different content in Navigation type HUDs using this.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Specifically for stuff like open for doors/talk/swim/search depending on the situation. I couldn't figure out how to do the whole scene object thing/how to properly set up a custom interaction!
  • Scene Objects (World > Scene Objects in the ORK editor) are used to add content information (name, description, etc.) to game objects.

This information can be used in events via an actor, e.g. to have the name of an NPC available in dialogues.
    You can also use it in Interaction HUDs to show the name of the interaction.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So say for events my general interaction hud shows "interact"

I have a game object. I want it to say "box" instead of "interact".

How do I set it so the custom interaction would use "box" for that instance instead of interact?
  • The Interaction HUD elements can use text codes to add that information, e.g. %n to add the interaction's name (which would come from the scene object, if added). The available text codes for this are listed above the text field.

You can also use custom text codes of the scene objects in the HUD elements.
  • Alright I added a scene object but it's still not showing in the interaction despite it having a name and description.
    Blue is what shows up in game despite %n other markers being defined in the text for the interaction.
  • The Scene Object component needs to be on the same game object as the interaction.
  • Yeah, that's how I've been doing it but still no luck.

• edited October 2020
    Got it working by setting the collider as is trigger :)

My next question since I have it set for event interactions - how would I mark something as a custom interaction for scene objects that have event interactions?

I.E is it possible to just say interact for an event interaction if there's no scene object attached?
    Post edited by PBoTG on
  • You can't interact with scene objects, they just provide content information - you always interact with an interaction component (e.g. event interaction, item collector, scene changer, etc.).

If you want to show different information on interactions without using a scene object, use the Interaction Type setting of the interaction component and set up different interaction HUDs for different interaction types (e.g. using Custom type and define the type via the provided text, like 'door').
  • Hi! Unrelated issue. I'm spawning all members of the player group during an event. However, trying to move whoever is not in the battle group does not work whatsoever. I.E 4 combatants in battle group. The event spawns the entire active player group of 5. Whoever is in slot 5 does not react to change position nodes whatsoever. I've tried it with interchanging who is in slot 5, and they seem to work so as long as they're in the battle group. Any idea what could be wrong?
  • Hm, if they're using move AI, it might be that interfering with the changes. Try blocking move AI during the event (completely, i.e. via Block Move AI setting in the event settings).
  • I tried both ways - in the event settings and when the 5th member spawns. Still nothing. They go back to moving once the event is over however!
  • edited December 2020
    How do you set them (i.e. the objects you move) up in the event, e.g. as actors or via selected data?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited December 2020
    As actors!

edit: fixed. re-searched the objects after everything spawned :)
    Post edited by PBoTG on