Currently, I have a button in the main battle menu that calls the function ORK.Game.ActiveGroup.Leader.Battle.BattleMenu.Show(); when clicked to open an ability menu. One of the ability is "Consumables", which when selected will open up an Item menu where the player can choose a consumable to use. This was all setup using the ORK Framework interface.

Is there a way to setup a button that will directly open up the Item menu?
  • If you're using ORK 2.30.0 or newer, you can set up a separate battle menu to list your items and call it like this:
    ORK.Game.ActiveGroup.Leader.Battle.BattleMenu.ShowOther(index);
    index is the ID/index of the battle menu you want to show.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm using ORK 2.28.0.
  • Hm, I haven't tried it, but you can try just selecting the item choice via code after opening your battle menu:
    ORK.Game.ActiveGroup.Leader.Battle.BattleMenu.ChoiceSelected(index, ORK.Game.ActiveGroup.Leader.Battle.BattleMenu.Box);
    index would be the index of the item choice - in the battle menu's setup, the different menu items are titled Option 0, Option 1, etc., so it's just the number that's stated there.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!