I need to be able to cycle through my player characters during turn based battle, preferably at a button press. The "change member" feature doesn't seem to work because the characters need to be outside of the battle group to have them switched in. Any ideas?
  • Do you want to switch between the combatants that are in battle, or exchange the current combatant (in battle) for one that's currently not in battle)?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Switch between combatants in battle.

IE I have 3 character party, I want to essentially let the player attack with them in any order
  • Well, that's not possible in turn based battles - the combatants follow a determined turn order, so you can't freely switch between them and decide which combatant comes first.

You might want to check out the Phase battle system instead, which has factions select their actions in their own phase and the player can (optionally) freely decide the order in which the combatants are used.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!