In my game, I use Scene objects to change the cursor when it hovers over an NPC, so we know we can click and talk to him/her. It works well on NPCs that are not combatants, but it seems that when an NPC has a Combatant Component as well as a Scene Object component, it doesn't work. I tested it at runtime and the cursor started to change as soon as I deleted the Combatant Component.

Is this expected behavior? If yes, why? Is there a workaround? I figure I could code a component on my own, but I prefer to use standard ORK components when possible...

Thanks,

Yan
  • Are you using cursors from Menus > Cursor Settings?
    Might be that that's blocking/interfering with it - I'll check it out.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes, I'm using cursors from Cursor Settings... Shouldn't I?
  • edited December 2020
    Nah, just for knowing your setup :)
    It might be that stuff like target selection or range cursors overrule the scene object's cursors in that case.

I'll investigate.

Edit: Yep, will be fixed in the next update :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks!

I also saw that, while the bug with the null ref on Combatant Spawners when we stop the game with the ORK editor opened is solved, we still have the same problem when we have Add Combatant components.

Do you think it's related?
  • Seems like that's the same issue and should be fixed in the next upate.