Hi there. I was recording a movie in Unity at 30fps, and i noticed the footsteps were not playing correctly.
This happens in general when the game runs at low fps. I tested using Application.targetFrameRate and i saw the footsteps starting to miss at 30 fps and disappearing completely at 25 fps.

I play footsteps with animation events.
  • Which Unity version are you using?

I just tested with Unity 2020.1 with the demo project (i.e. also with animation events) and even with a 5 FPS limit the footsteps played correctly.

I'm not really aware that there are issues with animation events going missing on low FPS. If that's the case, there's not much I can do about it in Footstepper, as that's a Unity thing. You could try using auto play or using footstep triggers (see more in the playing footsteps documetation).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I tested this in the editor with Unity 2019.4 LTS. (latest patch)
  • edited December 2020
    Hm, will give it a test in that version as well.

Edit: Tested it and still working fine here.
    Could you send me a small Unity test project with your setup where it happens?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sent you a mail with an attached project
  • For others having a similar issue - it's due to Footstepper calculating movement speed in fixed update (i.e. physics frame) and character movement used regular update (frame). With low FPS that can lead to fixed update happen multiple times before an update, which usually is the other way around.

Next Footstepper update will add an option to set when the movement speed is updated.