hexhex
edited December 2020 in ORK Support
Question about Grid Battle ability activation and target selection - is it possible to show Target Selection logic when clicking on the ability even without available targets nearby?
I spent some time to achieve this but without any luck...
Main reason for this is to always visualize ability range to user when activating certain abilities. So far it only activates ability and shows ability range only if there is a target(s) within range.
So my issue is - if there are no targets within ability range - user cannot activate ability and cannot even see it's range. Is it possible to change it?
Post edited by hex on
  • im no rocket scientist but it seems not to be that easy if you are trying to activate an ability
    when no enemies in range is it could work but is there a range of effect on the ability if not then you should continue but if there is increase it or whats the point of trying to activate it
    im new too and i dont how ork works but those are posbilities
  • plz dont call me stupid though
  • Yeah, I have found Ability Use Range in Battle Grid Highlights settings, however it basically has two options "In Target Selection" / "In Action Selection", which aren't very helpful in this case. Ability stays inactive on the Shortcut HUD, if there are no valid target nearby during combat.
  • i will think about it and thx for not calling me stupid
  • The use range grid highlights are currently only for the battle menu, not when using shortcut HUDs.

I'll look into adding options for also showing it when hovering over an ability/ability shortcut.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Would be perfect! Thanks :)
  • There'll be new options for this in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!