Hi, i'm trying to implement a particular type of turn based combat where each combatant group has two rows of battle spots. Based on combatant position in one of the rows, several things would change.
For example, combatants placed on the back row won't attack or get attacked in melee (unless with a front row emptied of combatants) and will act as support or ranged attackers.
During each turn a combatant could swap his spot with another one through a combat action.
In some way i'd like to recreate something like Darkest Dungeon combat system.

What kind of approach could be used to make something like this?
Will it be possible at all with Ork at the current state?
  • I think the best solution would be using battle grids (without grid movement). Melee stuff could be handled via (grid) battle range templates with line of sight.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2021
    Ok, i'm using the battle grid, and so far i like the capabilities of using cells.
    Is there a way to make blocked or empty cells invisible to the keyboard selection during the move action?
    If this isn't possible, will it be safe to simply delete those grids in the editor or it will create problems along the way?
    Post edited by Vlastan on
  • No, you can't make them invisible - but you can use different highlights for blocked cells.
    Deleting cells isn't safe, but you can just use an empty game object prefab or no prefab at all to not show cells.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!