Hi, i'm implementing my own custom camera system. I have a gameobject parameter to hold the camera target.
During combat or dialogue i need to change that value accordingly so the camera will move from combatant to combatant.
The main nodes that deals with external scripts in Ork seems to be change fields and call function, but how can i make them pass for example a combatant actor present in an ork event?
  • ORK's reflection functionality doesn't support that. You can use Makinom (via the ORK-Makinom connection plugin) for more complex things.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Wouldn't the select game object node be of any help?
    I am trying to store the starting object game object's name and then send it as a string parameter of the call function node so i can make a gameobject.find into the function itself to recover the gameobject that i want to set the target with.

The select gameobject stores the object as selected data, i think i need to pass that value into a variable to be able to send it as a parameter in the call function node.

I don't know if what i am trying to do is logical or not however...

• edited January 2021
    No, selected data can't help with that - there's no way to get the name of the game object. I guess the best solution would be to write a custom node for this, or go via Makinom.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2021
    I went and read your article on custom controls and found there the solution!
    I now have wrappers for camera and controls . I also used a similar script like in the otii camera example to change the target object, so i can now change the camera target in ork events with the same node. Awesome!
    Post edited by Vlastan on