i just cant get the battle to start in section 18 for the game tutorial, all settings per the tutorial start type trigger enter, trigger is working fine for notifications and dialogs from previous parts of tutorial, anyone have any idea why the battle won't start when brown pants enters the collider? I even attached a script to the battle object in the scene to log OnTriggerEnter and that shows brown pants entering the trigger just fine.
  • I've been fiddling around with this for some time now, changing the Combatants default Group/Combatant's combatant to brown pants instead of evil pants on the battle component in 2 field scene, the battle now triggers, but brown pants is unhappy because he is fighting himself. I must have mest up something terribly to inflict this curse on brown pants. Any ideas?
  • Check your enemy combatant's stats - might be that you forgot to set a max HP for it, creating it with 0 HP, i.e. instant death for the poor enemy and no battle to fight :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thx, Status Value settings for Evil Pants:
    No Status Development, checked.
    MaxHP = 80

I'll try to play around with the evil ones and check all the settings again, none of the evil ones work, so you probably onto something there.
  • Hm, strange - make sure you're using an enemy faction in the Battle component.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • i figured out that if i disable 'No Status Development' the battle starts, i've not been able to figure out how to fix it.
  • Check your status values, one of them is causing the combatant's death due to being at minimum value in your combatant's status setup.