I'm trying to simply compare the value of 2 local string variables. When I use a debug node to print those variables (debug set to Local), it shows they have exactly the same value. Then, if I use a check game variable with var origin set to local and I check the 2 vars, it always tells that the value are different. If I use 2 Variable to Variable nodes and convert both vars to global, then the check if true, as expected.

It seems that the second variable we compare too is always global, even if we are in local mode.

Is that as designed? If yes, could we expect that to change in a future version?
  • edited January 2021
    Could you post your settings in the node (or a screenshot)?

Generally, if you're comparing float values, try using the Approximately instead of Is Equal - it's better due to floating point inaccuracy.

Edit: Ah, wait - using the Check Game Variables node isn't the best way to do that as that's locked to global variables for the game variable value types. Try using a Check Value node instead.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2021
    Well, as I wrote, I was trying to compare 2 local strings. So, Check Value wouldn't work in my case I think...

Why is Check Game Variables node locked to global variables?
    Post edited by ArsMagika on
  • That's due to there only being a global change and check variable class, i.e. it only has global values available. ORK 3 will be better in that regard.

Also, sorry, must have skipped over the string part - in that case you could transfer them to global variables using a Variable To Variable node.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes, that's what I did... It's not super intuitive, but I understand it's a structural limitation from ORK2, so I'll live with it.

Thanks.