Within the context of ORK, what are the pros and cons of Mecanim over Legacy?

I've only used the Mecanim system in the past when coding into Unity.
  • They mostly have the same pros and cons as they have outside of ORK.

Legacy animations just do what you tell them to, which makes it a bit easier to use with something like ORK's auto animations or just playing animations in your events.

Mecanim will handle many things for you, which can get in the way when ORK tries to play an animation, e.g. overruling it due to a transition, or no transition from current state being set to the desired animation - but this is also largely up to how you set up your animator controller.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • so the recommended way to animate in ork is with the legacy system?
  • If you want ORK to manage your animations, I'd recommend using legacy, as it's easier to use and pretty much straightforward does what it's told to do. E.g. when using turn based battles it's probably easiest that way.

It depends on what game you're going for, though. E.g. doing action-oriented real time battles, animation blending, etc. you'll probably achieve better results with Mecanim.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!