I thought that update variables were supposed to recalculate every time an item variable changes. I'm currently running tests on a new event that changes certain item variables & I can see that those variable values are indeed changing, but the Item Update Variables aren't responding to those changes.
  • Hm, I'll look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes, I can confirm this, will be fixed in the next update.

It's not happening in all cases, but if you e.g. only take part of an item stack (e.g. only select 1 from 5) it'll essentially create a copy with a different quantity, which currently doesn't register to the variable changes.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I've also noticed a possible problem with changing a variable on multiple selected equipment pieces at the same time. If I select multiple items under the same key in a formula, then change a selected variable and try to set the formula value to that selected variable, it will show the expected sum as it should be on a single piece of equipment rather than the summed total for all selected equipment parts. The node is setup correctly to add all instances of the variable rather than simply using the first instance.
  • I assume you're using a Value node with Game Variable value type, Selected variable origin and Add multi value use?
    If yes, I'll do some tests with that, otherwise I'd need details on your setup.

Also, how are you selecting the equipment - are you e.g. selecting a quantity of 3, or each individually? If you select a bunch at once, it's most likely that the equipment is stacked, i.e. it's still just 1 equipment, just with a quantity of more than 1.
  • I use a Select Equipment node for each part individually at the start of the formula. The first is set to Set and all the following are set to Add. I hadn't noticed that I could set a quantity. Not sure I understand how that works for equipment parts. Also, yes, Value node is set to Game Variable, type Local Selected with Add multi value use.
  • For equipment parts it'll not make a difference, since they're individual equipment anyway. However, if you'd use a Select Item node to get equipment from the inventory, you can potentially have a stack of the same equipment in the selected data, which would only have 1 variable handler.

Alright, I'll do some tests.
  • Tested it and works fine here - make sure you're using change type Add when you want to add multiple equipment to the same selected key.