Can I put the value of the equipment variable in the description??
In the description of the equipment
"Deal xxx damage per second."
I want to put the equip variable "damage" key in xxx.

xxx should changes at every equip level up
However, I can't find the appropriate text code.
  • You can add variable text codes via the More button above the text editor and selecting Data and Game Variables.

E.g. #varifloatdamage# would display the float variable damage as an integer value.

To use equipment variables in the description, enable Use In Description in the equipment's Equipment Variables settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2021

string des = ORK.Game.ActiveGroup.Leader.Abilities.Get (id).GetDescription ();
    TextHelper.ReplaceSpecials (ref des);
    detail_Description.text = des;

I am trying to display float variable 0.7 using #varfloatdeal#. in ability Description (use in Description Checked)
    However, when outputting with the code above, it is output as a value of 1.
    It seems to be rounding.
    0.2 => 1

How do I print it to 0.7?
    I used varFloat, not variFloat, but it seems to round off.
    Post edited by KESHYAS on
  • Strange, usually the rounding would only occur at lower decimal places.

Try using the Float with Format text code, e.g.: #varcfloatdeal#0.0#
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • #varcfloatdeal#0.0# works thanks!
    it is displayed 0.4> 0.4
    (previous #varfloatdeal# 0.4> 0)
  • Ah, forgot about the number formatting settings (Menus > Text Display Settings) which where introduced in ORK 2.30.0 and default to float variables being displayed without decimal.