Well, here it is - Makinom 2 is here!

Makinom 2 Pro is already available in the Asset Store, but Makinom 2 Free is still stuck somewhere in the publishing queue, so in the meantime you can download it here. Also, Makinom Pro owners can upgrade to Makinom 2 Pro for free!

Makinom 2's documentation, tutorials and extensions can be found in the new guide section of the website. A good place to start is the Makinom 2 introduction and first steps. All the tutorials have been updated as well.

Beside browsing plugins, custom nodes, scripts and schematics on the website, Makinom 2 comes with a brand new extension manager in Unity to download and import the available extensions directly. You can open it via the Unity menu: Window > Makinom Extension Manager

What's New?
While the basic concept and workflow of Makinom stays the same, there've been a lot of improvements, changes and modernizations both visible and in the background. E.g.:
- updated editor with searchable popup fields, reorderable data lists, etc.
- new node editor with node groups, zooming, live debugging, etc.
- list data (e.g. input keys or scene objects) are now stored as separate assets instead of all being part of the project asset (though the project still references some of them since they're needed at all times, e.g. input keys).
- new language system with export/import of language data in CSV format for translations
- completely revamped UI system, which is now modular (currently supports Unity UI)
- general performance improvements throughout all parts of Makinom
A quick overview can be found on the BETA page.
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Congratulation! Can't wait to see ORK 2.0 :)
  • ORK 2 has been out for years, so you're probably waiting for ORK 3 :D
    More info on that soon!
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Congrats!!!

Seems like Makinom 2 Free is still hanging in the publishing queue. Strange that Pro got through almost immediately. I'll update here once it's available, in the meantime you can download it here.
  • Good to see Makinom 2 finally released.
    And I really like the new documentation for Makinom 2 a lot, it very details and so much better than the old one. :3
  • Makinom 2 Free is now available in the Unity Asset Store!
  • what news is there about Ork 3?
  • Active development will start after ORK 2.31.0 release, which should be ready within the next 2 weeks. Since it'll be the last major ORK 2 release (at least without me having to implement features in both ORK 2 and 3) I'd like to get as much stuff in there as possible :)

More details after 2.31.0 release.
  • I look forward to the next Ork update.
    Is 2.31 the last update for the Ork?
    so No more updates?
  • Will it be possible to upgrade an existing project from ORK2 to ORK3?
  • @KESHYAS
    No, but the last major feature update - once ORK 3 is here, ORK 2 will only receive bugfixes and some small updates. You can always commission features, though.

@3kage
    There's an upgrade tool planned later down the line (like the Makinom upgrade tool), but you will not be able to convert all things, e.g. the UI will be completely revamped, so there'll be a lot of changes that can't be converted.
  • Congrats! Super happy to see it finally arrive!

Gonna consider upgrading RFI up to Makinom2, since we generally only really used UI in ORK. Does the ORK-Makinom Connection Plugin still exist for M2?
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • No - the connection plugin isn't available for Makinom 2, since that'll turn into ORK 3 requiring Makinom 2 :)
  • Ah ha, makes sense!
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames