hello and thanx ahead of time for any help...

I bought footstepper and installed it into my project...
noticed i had to go elsewhere for the demo... so installed demo...

now I am getting 5 errors

Assets\Standard Assets\Characters\FirstPersonCharacter\Scripts\RigidbodyFirstPersonController.cs(80,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Footstepper' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

i cant do anything until this is fixed...what should I do?
  • Did you also import footstepper into the project?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • yes...i imported it first... then after i installed demo, I re imported footstepper.
  • so I deleted your folder... and reinstalled the standard assets.... then reinstalled footstepper... it gave me some errors so I just commented out the lines in those scripts so I can work on my game...i reinstalled the demo scene and did not import any files from standard assets... i can play my project but your demo is not working...no sounds if I walk around..it will play footstep sounds if I click "auto play" but then plays them constantly even while standing still.....do i need to put animation events on the characters walk and run? if so that is not really good...it should work out of the box...

your add-on basically broke my project...the only question you asked I already answered in my first post... the fact that the demo scene is not part of the download is ehh....

at this point I am not really excited about footstepper anymore... feel my 10$ is gone...whatever its 10$ but the review I will leave will be worth a lot more then 10$ if this isnt fixed....I have not left a bad review yet.... I really hope you will sort this out....
    as far as I can see...your name space "gamingislove" was never recognized....I am not well versed in this so I have no clue how to fix that..... I am not trying to be an arse...I am honest and to the point......I do feel you need to enclude the demo scenes with the downloads.... why would they not be a part of that when you buy the product??? makes no sense....
  • I'm sorry that you're having issues, I think this comes from importing the demo into an existing project that already has standard assets imported (or importing them over it afterwards). I'd recommend to import the demo (and footstepper) into a fresh Unity project to check out the demo setup. Since the demo uses some of the standard assets (though modified to reference some of footstepper's functionality) this most likely causes the issues.

Which Unity version are you using? I'd need to know this to do some tests if it's working.

There's also no need to threaten with a bad review - if you're not happy with your purchase you can request a refund, either send me a PM here or an email (contact@gamingislove.com) with your order/invoice number from the asset store.

The demo isn't part of the asset because footstepper is a scripting asset. The included demo will just make it bloated and I'd effectively sell you licenses to assets I don't own (even though they're CC0, i.e. free for commercial use).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I am using 2020.1.5

I am frustrated... I don't want the 10$ I want a working product.

I hear your reasons why the demo isn't included...

so I do have it running, but like I said there are no sounds playing unless I click on auto play... no where does it say I need to add animation events...

• after deleting the folder and re importing standard assets... and then re importing your program, its working and the sounds are no longer playing while the character is standing still... I did have a couple errors on scripts from standard assets but i don't use them and just commented the errors out...

you should warn people about the demo scene overwriting the standard assets... leading to breaking their project.

other then that thanx for the product I do believe it seems to be working as expected...
  • Thanks for the input - I've added that information (importing the demo into a fresh, blank Unity project) to the site.