edited February 2021 in ORK Support
Building a dungeon crawler, I want the player to be able to progress further after defeating a monster (finishes his battle as 1 monster = 1 battle). All within the same scene.

I tried creating 2 battles. The second battle would have these settings:

I tried moving the player inside of the battle to trigger the battle start. Any idea what would be the best to transition the player from one battle to another e.g. after he presses a continue button?

PS: Trigger Enter and Change position with Move checked worked.
Post edited by zatokar on
  • edited February 2021
    I figured I can position the player automatically using Battle System > Battle Spots so I guess the only remaining question here is, how can I trigger a start of the battle from UI and always reference to the upcoming battle.

E.g. I might have 10 battles in 1 scene and I want the player to go from 0,1,2,3,4...

Ignore this, the following comment is more important.
  • edited February 2021
    I am experimenting with this setup now. It's the battle end event triggered by the battle victory:

It however has 1 problem:
    1. This dialogue appears over (on top of) the combatant gains and level-up notification.

Besides, if I had multiple battle objects with the same position and want to start the next one after the last one is finished, how can I do that?

I tried using Battle Start Type > Trigger Stay and it works well, except that if there are multiple battle instances, it picks the last one, not the next one. Can I define that somewhere?
  • edited February 2021
    I achieved it with this bit of custom code:

And this event:

I am still uncertain as to how to show the dialogue (to progress to the next monster) only after combatant gain and level-up screens.
  • If it should be one battle after another without the player moving around, you could set up an event that handles that - the Start Battle node will e.g. start a battle on a game object with a Battle component (which sets up the battle as you want it) and the event waits for the battle to finish before continuing (e.g. to the next battle).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the answer. I made it with the custom code and it works just fine by disabling last battle at the end of the battle and enabling a new one, which works like a charm.

However, the problem is, that Battle Victory event is triggered independently on Level up event or Combatant gains event. Is there any way, to wait for these 2 events to finish, before executing Battle Victory?
  • edited February 2021
    No, they're separate from the battle end event that caused the gains collection (which cause the level up).

You could create a wait within the battle end event via global variables and a check loop.
    E.g. in your battle end event, after the battle gains collection use a Wait node (e.g. 0.1 seconds) and a Check Game Variables node. The check e.g. checks a global bool variable, marking the level up stuff as done - a fail connects back to the Wait node.

In your level up events, at the end just set the variable to mark it as done. Since you only want this to happen on level ups, you should set the done state before the battle gains collection and set it as not done at the start of your level up event.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Solid solution, thank you!