I'm trying to make the player character learn an ability through script. I'm using the code
StringBuilder skill = new StringBuilder();
skill.Append("Ability Name");
ORKFramework.LearnAbility.Learn(ComponentHelper.GetCombatant(gameObject), ref skill);

I'm not sure if this is the correct way to pass in the ability I want the character to learn. I'm also getting an error saying
An object reference is required for the non-static field, method, or property 'LearnAbility.Learn(Combatant, ref StringBuilder)' [Assembly-CSharp]csharp(CS0120)
  • edited March 2021
    No, that's not the correct way, this is:
    combatant.Abilities.Learn(id, level, true, true);
    id is the ID/index of the ability, level the level you want to learn - the rest is for showing notification and console texts.
    combatant naturally is the combatant who should learn the ability :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Even after learning the ability, it doesn't appear in the character's ability select menu. Do I have to write a line that adds the ability to the selection menu? If so, how?
  • No, that'll happen automatically - the function would return true if the ability was learned, maybe check that.

Generally, this is the same function that's used by ORK to learn a new ability, so I'm pretty sure that it's working :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!