Good night @gamingislove!

Needing help with Select Skin ... I'm not sure why, but it is white when it should be yellow. I already went to the prefab settings and the selected color is yellow, but when I play, it is white. What I lose?

Can you help me please?
Thank you in advance!
  • I assume you're talking about the Selected Choice GUI skin setting? This is only available when using the legacy GUI, which doesn't use any prefabs.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hello @gamingislove !!

Exactly! I'm talking about the skin configuration of the selected GUI of choice. :) (I'm sorry, my English may not be so good).
    I am using the Legacy GUI, but the skin configuration of the selected GUI of choice remains white. I already imported the Skin folder from the free Tutorial, but to no avail.

Can you help me please?
    Thank you very much in advance.
  • Hm, make sure you've selected the correct GUI skin for the Selected Choice skin and the GUI skin is set up correctly (should be the Button part of the GUI skin that's used for the selected choice buttons).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hello GiL!

I'm using the skin Select Choice, but it's always White. I don't know what can i do about it. Can you help me, please?
  • What's the setup of the used GUI skin's Button?
  • I hope you're asking about this ...

Menu Setting / Default GUI Box Settings / Default GUI Skins:

Base Skin = BaseSkin (GUI Skin)
    Selected Choice = SelectSkin (GUISkin)
    Ok/Cancel Button = None
    Name Box = None
    Tabs Choice = None
    Tabs Selected Choice = None

thankful in advance
  • No, the SelectSkin you're using - that's what I'm asking about :)
    It's a Unity asset that defines how the button looks, i.e. that asset's Button settings handle how your selected choices will look like.
  • I'm using Ork's Legacy GUI Select Skin, as in the tutorial
  • Still, check the GUI skin asset's Button settings, e.g. it should use a yellow image for the backgrounds.
  • Hi GiL! @gamingislove

I did as you asked and the button is asking for a texture for the background (not just selecting the color). So I put some texture and it actually worked, but it is still not the one you use by default. I don't know if I could send it to you. In addition the problem is partially solved and I am very grateful for your help.
  • Yes, GUI skins use textures for their backgrounds - the skin that comes with the tutorials uses a yellow one. If you just copied over the skin from the tutorial you might have forgotten to also copy over the texture.