I've downloaded the tutorial files, and I'm working through the first part, using the Ork Framework to set up the main menu. After setting up the GUI Box the instruction is to click on save settings to save the changes. I must be missing something because I can't find a save settings button. Can anyone help please?
  • There are buttons to save and reload the project at the bottom of the ORK editor window.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm sorry but I cannot see a save button anywhere in the Ork Framework tab which I am using to make the suggested changes. Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot of the relevant part of the editor please?
  • edited April 2021
    Sure:

Right there at the bottom, it even has a save icon :)
    It's always there, regardless of which section/sub-section you're in - in events it'll be 3 buttons to allow saving an event as a copy.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for the prompt reply. I'm grateful for your help. I cannot scroll down further than the Faction Texts box shown in your screenshot Has this got something to do with screen resolution? How can I get lower? I have taken a screenshot but do not know how to post it
  • Can you help me please?
  • Just be patient GIL is great at providing support they probably are busy.

If it is full screen on your monitor you should see the buttons as shown in the image GIL posted. If you have a screnshot upload it to a hosting site like Imgur and link it.
    Thank you. I hope you can see this image. The scrollbar on the right is at the bottom of its travel, but the editor does not show the save button
  • Seems like the buttons are just not on screen - either make the ORK editor window full screen or make it a bit smaller and drag it up to see them.
  • Thank you. I have changed to a later version of Unity and that has solved the problem. Is there any way to slow the player when turning? Touching the left and right arrows makes the player spin too far for accuracy. I have reduced the rotation speed under player controls from 500 to 20 but this isn’t making a difference so I guess there must be another setting somewhere.
  • Well, the built-in controls are only there to get you started, if you need something else you can use any custom player/camera controls you want.

If you want to only move forward/backward and use left/right to spin the character, disable Use Camera Direction in the control settings.
  • Thank you for all your help, it’s much appreciated and I’m really looking forward to getting to grips with Ork