• edited October 2019
    Close All Dialogue currently only closes Dialogues opened by that specific machine, and that particular execution. (Repeat execution of the same machine does not close open dialogues left open by an earlier execution.)

I think we need a Close all Dialogue option that closes all opened dialogue, even if they were started by other machines.

Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited October 2019
    I'll look into it - although this is initially designed to only close open dialogues from the running schematic to close the dialogues that are kept open while continuing the schematic. Closing all dialogues (regardless of where they come from) is potentially game breaking (or at least breaking the other schematic's progress).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2019
    Gotcha!

To give some more detail for my particular use case:

Let's say every time an NPC is jostled or pushed around, or otherwise interacted with, it starts a floating text dialogue over their head.

This by itself works fine, but when you interact several times in a row, there's a significant chance for overlapping dialogues. This can be solved by adding a small timer (each dialogue lasts 3 seconds, you can only trigger a dialogue every 4 seconds).

The trouble is when you want to add in some basic priority that will interrupt whatever they're currently saying. "Hey, watch where you're going!" should be interrupted by "Stop attacking me!" You don't want those two messages overlapping each other (or any messages to overlap in general!)

But since they're run from separate executions of the same machine, or even separate machines, Close All Dialogues won't allow you to remove the dialogue in a snappy fashion.

Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Hello.
    I'm planning to buy ORK3 as well. I started trying Makinom2 first because I was curious how the base was going to be and I wanted to make a shooter.

I rarely use a mouse and use a trackpad on my Mac and a touchpad on Windows.
    In Makinom2, when I swipe the touchpad with two fingers to scroll in the SchemaEditor screen, it zooms in and out.
    Swiping left or right has no function at all.
    This is usually very inconvenient.

Can you please provide an option to switch to "up/down/left/right scrolling" when scrolling with two fingers like in the EventEditor screen of ORK Framework?

However, sometimes you need to zoom in and out.
    So I would like to have the option to "toggle" this in EditorSettings or in the toolbar of the editor screen.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
  • edited April 2021
    @joeee19
    Can you send me an email about this (contact@makinom.com)?
    That way I can send you test versions of Makinom 2 to check out if it's working for you.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2021
    @gamingislove I'm enjoying the new makinom interface compared to Ork2 but i have a small gripe with the new mouse drag select feature: When multiple nodes are selected, clicking a node to move it, will deselect all the other ones and move only that particular node. To move all the currently selected nodes the user needs to hold down shift key.
    Maybe you could add an editor setting to make this feature optional and always move all the selected nodes together.

Another feature that would be very useful is to make possible to set a default ui box for message/notification nodes and leave on each node the option to use a custom one, so that when creating a message node, it will come without the necessity to set the relative ui box each time.
    In ork2 my first ui box in the list was the standard dialogue box one, so each message node i created in the event came with the first available ui box in the project already set up.
    However in makinom2/ork3 the event comes with a "none" ui box selected at creation, so it has to be rewired each time a node is created.
    I usually duplicate the message nodes after the first time i set up a node in a dialogue event, but it could be safer to give the possibility of setting a default ui box for these kind of nodes.
    It would help for example to change all dialogue ui boxes in a project during development without the need to change each dialogue node one by one.
    Post edited by Vlastan on
  • Aha! That's how you can move all selected nodes. Well that's not intuitive.
    The Documentation is faulty, it states "Using Shift+Click also lets you select multiple nodes." But it means move.
  • Suggestion: UnityEvent Machine/node

After a question I had for you the other day it got me thinking. Perhaps a machine or node that would make it easier to expose certain things to use in UnityEvents.
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • edited August 2022
    @Solkyoshiro
    Actually, the Animation Machine has a couple of start types/functions to pass on things, e.g. a string or game object.
  • It is recommended that the Makinom editor automatically save the changed settings when closing the window or pop up a confirmation box asking if the player wants to save the changed options!
  • Turn based grind in 3d with A* pathfinding plugin tutorial plz :)