I'm back with more questions already. =)

I'm trying to set up a calendar and clock system like the Time of Day tutorial in the Gameplay tutorial section. Everything looks like it's set correctly, the float variables are set properly in the Game> Game Settings> Initial Game Variables section; the event looks proper good, all the event nodes are enabled and set up like the tutorial shows; and the global event is set to Auto with the timeRunning variable set up.

So imagine my confusion when I run the game and my HUD won't update with the minutes and hours. I check and check and check everything I could think of. Turns out that the ORK variables are not updating at all. I checked the variables through the ORK scene object after each test when I first thought to look at them. Even if I change the float variables from Set to Add nothing happens, even though the timeRunning bool says it's set to True. Any ideas of what else to check that may not be in the tutorial?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by dragoonleaph on
  • Update: I told on it and it started working...

I changed the global event by switching the Variable Conditions > Needed from 'One' to 'All' and it started working. I'm not sure when I put it on One... would that even effect the event if I only have one condition to check?
  • Hm, strange - shouldn't make a difference if you only have one variable condition.
    Can you post the settings of your global event (mainly event execution)?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sure. Here's the link to the image.

It's funny because I recall trying this on an early test project and having the same issue. I'm not sure what suddenly fixed it tbh. I built the time event up to have minutes, hours, days, days of the week (with strings that change according to the day of the week value), months, seasons, and years. The time is running now when I play the game, so I assume all those values will work, but I won't be able to test it for sure until we implement the save system since a year passing should take 9 real world days.
  • Hm, did a quick test with the same setup (though just a debug output if the event is started) and works fine here with One and All.

Does it stop working when you switch back to needed One? Also, which ORK version are you using?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2021
    ORK 2.32.1

It works with either now. I don't know what I might've done in the event differently either. At one point earlier I had tested it with just an Event Start and the change minute variable node and it wasn't working, but now it works just fine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was going to mark this 'SOLVED' unless there's any objections?
    Post edited by dragoonleaph on
  • Eh, probably kobolds :)
    Yeah, I guess it's solved if it's working in both all/one.