Since the maximum value is just a hair above 2billion, I've been thinking a lot about orders of magnitude for the last 2weeks. I've gone quite mad and I'm loving every moment. Thanks Ork. If i set all status values to Maximum 500,000,000, consider this:

strength + endurance + speed + weight + volume / 5

I imagine the system trying to add upto 2.5 billion before dividing, so I'm assuming that this cannot be completed?
Also, if you have a weak pc, I don't recommend trying to mess with curves if you have a max level over 2000 and max hp at 2 billion... repainting took a while so I'm using max level 999 (for now)
Post edited by sheepsigh on
  • Well, yeah - since status values are integer values, the maximum possible value they can have is 2,147,483,647.
    However, during formula calculations, the formula's value (where you e.g. add the individual status values) is a float value. I'm not 100% sure what the max value here is, but I think it's somwhere around 340 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 (theoretically).

So, even using the max int value possible for your stats should work out in formulas, though the final changes you can do to a status value will be limited by integer values again.

Yeah ... using curves for 2000 levels is probably a bit overkill, using a formula might be a better option here.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 34 x 10 e36
    Good god, I had no idea a float could be so big.(theoretically)
    But this is good. Now I can make the pyramid of giza and other gigantic entities with correct weights, volume, etc. Most excellent! Just so long as the end results fall back under 2.1G...
    Everyone else is making games that burn my pc down, why shouldn't I do the same? JK
    Thanks again.