edited March 2023 in Showcase
The next title I'm working on is going to have a more specific demographic.
An adventure puzzle game set amongst the mermaid world with drawn sprites on a 2.5D ocean backdrop.

Just finished up the core puzzle element, with most of the basic functions working in a non-polished form!
Hoping for a 3-4 month development time on this one.
Everything is very placeholdery atm

Post edited by Wrofir on
Miuratale : coming 2024
Miuratale
  • Looks cute :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • @Wrofir ,
    looks nice so far. Good music and nice mermaid and fish. What is the almost "whale" sound that occasionally is heard? Nice ui options menu.
    RF
  • Thanks! The whale sound is actually a lions roar... Can't source a good whale yet, at least not one I can use. Might have to have one made
    Miuratale
  • edited June 2021
    Ah a Lionfish nearby? Those have very poisonous fins, right?? If you do not already have one in your game, maybe you could have one as a enemy? Btw, is this game being done in ORK 2?
    BTW, Sent you a PM.
    RF
    Post edited by RifleFire on
  • Prototype is ready for testing! 150 megs
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C46pFveD5j09LqxVwAg6M8AN3awgIpBl/view?usp=sharing

All of the art assets are place-holder.

Miuratale
  • Tried it,it works. I would advise to have a button that lets you swim faster, with current swim speed it would be a pain to play through a big level.
  • Thanks for checking it out, you do unlock the Dolphin Dash ability pretty early on which allows you to move much faster, although I'm probably going to change it a bit, as you can dash straight through geometry atm.
    Miuratale
  • Some people may quit early due to being frustrated with a slow movement speed. If the movement speed change doesn't serve any gameplay purpose other than to provide a sense of progression I would recommend to give access to Dolphin Dash at the beginning and use some other method to make progression feel rewarding :)
  • For sure, I bumped it up a bit higher, I guess it was a little slow :)
    Miuratale
  • edited June 2021
    Wrofir,
    Tried to run the game on windows 10. Upon selecting new game, there are 2 mermaids side by side and neither mermaid can move. I don't have accounts at any image posting sites so cant show u a picture of it here.
    Update 1 : Upps, WASD keys work and let me swim kinda slowly but then cant seem to make erosion work on path blocking corals?
    Everything else seems to work great. Looks like a fantastic game.
    RF
    Post edited by RifleFire on
  • edited June 2021
    Ah sorry, I totally redid the controls to work on WASD instead of mouse and uploaded that build so my buds could test it real quick and report back that it worked.

It's a very buggy build atm because I have to swap everything over to the new control scheme, I'll have a better one up on Monday.
    Thanks for checking it out though :)
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Updated, new WASD controls with mouse aiming for attacks.
    Faster swim speed.
    Sounds for most player and enemy interactions.

The prototype should be completable now.
    Miuratale

• One last update for the prototype coming by the end of the month, then starting on the Alpha.
    Added challenge rooms and sealed Mermaids to free.
    Miuratale
  • Video looks great!!! did u update the downloadable prototype here with challenge rooms,etc? Unless your game is going to be free, i suggest you save a lot of stuff for the final product?
    RF