I'd like to play an animation when a character is first spawned in, or player character is changed. where would be the best place to trigger that?
  • For changing members, there are the Retreat and Enter Battle animations (default for all combatants are set up in Battle System > Battle Settings > Combatant Settings > Battle Animations, each combatant can override them).

There's also the Join Battle animation for combatants that are auto joining a running battle.

If you want to animate combatants at the start of the battle, either do that in the battle start event, or via Custom Combatant Events (default again in Battle System > Battle Settings, each combatant can add/replace them). Custom combatant events are game events (identified by a key) and can be executed from other events via the Custom Combatant Event node.
    So, your battle start event can call a custom combatant event on all your combatants and each would perform an event on their own.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm actually trying to do this in the field as well. AKA set the rotation of the player controlled character when the player first changes to control it in the field. Would this still be through battle systems?
  • If this is about spawning in the scene - you can use the spawn point's rotation by enabling Use Y Rotation.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!