I want to create a Battle System that moves by specifying the position with the cursor.
(Not a Grid Battle)

In the "runToTarget" event of the tutorial, I found that I could create a ability to move to the specified position.
But I don't know how to specify the position.
Is there a way to do this with the ORK Framework?
  • The easiest way would be using an ability with a None target range. This allows you to use raycasting (via mouse/touch or moving a cursor object via input keys) to select a target position.

The position is available in the battle events as the Target, i.e. you can just move there. Also, to change the battle spot of the combatant, you can use the Waypoint instead of Actor as object.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I tried it, but the cursor object didn't work as expected.
    I will stop this method and use Grid Battle.
    Thank you for your answer.
  • How did you want the cursor to work?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I want to solve the following problem.
    (1)After the cursor object is initially displayed, the position changes when the key is pressed.
    (2)The cursor object moves in the Y-axis direction. There is no need to move in the Y-axis direction.
    (3)don't know how to display the movement range.

-Use move abilities

-When you press a key, a cursor object will appear above the player.

-Press the up arrow key to move the cursor object along the Y axis.

-Raycast Settings
  • The cursor moves on the Y-axis because you're using the XY horizontal plane (i.e. for 2D, set up in the game settings), so the Vertical Axis input key you set up will move on the Y-axis.
    You can select a None key that doesn't use any input for the axis you don't want to move on. Or, if you want to move on the XZ axis, you need to use XZ horizontal plane.

To display the range, you can enable Highlight User, which allows you to place a cursor prefab on the user. The cursor prefab can be used to show the range you want.