Hey, with the help of the tutorial and a few forum posts I have dialog portraits using a prefab view appearing the way I want so that the prefab is shown when a character speaks. The problem I'm having now is once I "show" a portrait via a dialog node, it appears to stick around indefinitely. So when a different character is speaking and I "show" their portrait it renders on top of the previous portrait. Is it possible to clear the portrait after each dialog or hide other portraits when a new one is shown? I feel like there's some functionality I'm missing or misunderstanding. Ultimately I'm looking for something similar to this. Thanks for your help!
  • Check the Spawn Offset setting in Menus > Menu Settings > Prefab View Settings.
    Prefab view portraits are kept alive for some time to reuse, the spawn offset is used to not spawn them at the same place. Make sure it's large enough to not view a previous prefab, e.g. Y=-10 or something like that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I was aware of the offset thanks. There doesn't appear to be a way to hide the a portrait then (eg. when a character leaves the conversation)? I can probably create a custom node pretty easily to do it, just want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding anything. Appreciate your help.
  • Actually missread a bit - in dialogues the prefab spawned for the portrait is destroyed after the dialogue that showed it closed.

So each new dialogue should have no prefab view portrait from the previous dialogue around.

Do you get any error/warning in the Unity console?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hey just wanted to follow up, it appears the issue I was having was because I wasn't setting the clear flag as mentioned at the bottom of the instructions here:
    http://orkframework.com/tutorial/howto/prefab-view-portraits/

Based on this post it sounds like without that the camera won't clear content from previous renders:
    https://answers.unity.com/questions/126214/how-does-clear-flags-on-cameras-work.html

Thanks for your help though. Sorry for taking a while to respond.