Hiya all,
I am currently going through the tutorial and just implemented two pairs of scene loaders and spawn points. Everything works well, except for the fact that setting Y rotation to 180 (to alleviate the issue of the player spawning in the 2nd scene facing the camera) and toggling Y Rotation to true in the inspector, the player is indeed rotated towards the right direction facing the road; however, I would like it to 'snap' to the correct position instead of rotating so the transition is instantaneous and there is no right of early player input sending the character in the wrong direction. Any quick way of setting the position of the player upon spawn?
  • I assume you're talking about the camera here - some of the built-in camera controls have options to remember their rotation/zoom/etc. between scene changes.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2021
    Hmmm. I could always add my own script to the camera, but I see no options to do so with the built-in camera controls. I just want to be able to carry my position and rotation to the next scene. Perhaps instead of having a transform.LooAt it would be nice to have a boolean that would allow the camera to snap to the required position in the SpawnPoint component instead?
    Post edited by hyrad on
  • The option isn't available in all of them, e.g. the Top Down Border camera control has it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • All right thanks I'll look into it.